Thursday, June 7, 2012

Inspiration for my "Radha & Krishna" painting.


My mom used to do lots of needle work when she was at her teen. Most of them are decorated at my grandparent’s house. I had spent hours watching them every time I visited their place. One among them was Krishna playing flute at the bank of Jumuna River and Radha engrossed in that. Both of them were standing under a “Kadamb” tree. Wish I could share that here. I loved that tree full of yellow flowers and always wanted to make something like that.
I sent the picture of my painting to my parents. My mom now wants me to draw the same like her “Radha-Krishna” needle work. I’m keeping that in mind.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Sutapa,

    This is a new dimension of Sutapa altogether ! I am so happily thrilled .. Very nice paintings ! Truly ! The colours, the subjects .. very very Nice ! .. I might be repeating my self, happy to do so , I am thrilled .. want to see more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Gublada. I was thinking of doing this for long but never had much time to contribute. Both of us are excited. I really need all your support. Thank you again for appreciating my work so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new version of the painting :)

    ReplyDelete